Join the Ultimate Flatlay Contest
Are you the Ultimate Flatlay Champion? Join the AccorHotels Food & Wine Festival Singapore’s Ultimate Flatlay Contest and showcase your best Flatlay skills to win these prizes: Accor Plus membership, hotel stay and F&B vouchers!
Here’s how you can join the contest:
Step 1: Visit and dine in any of AccorHotels restaurants or bars in Singapore (Please refer to Annex A for all our participating outlets); and
Step 2: Take a flatlay photo of your meal (Please refer to Annex B for a description of flatlay photography); Be creative with your shot and exhibit your flatlay in a unique style; and
Step 3: Upload your visual* onto Instagram and/or Facebook with a caption and utilize #AccorHotelsFoodie and #AccorHotelsFoodFestival in your entry; and
Step 4: Tag restaurant and/or bar in your entry (Tag the username of the page of restaurant and/or bar exists on Instagram and/or Facebook) and Include Geo-Tag of restaurant/or bar in your entry
Note: Do make your entry public*
Contest period: 19 October 2017 to 27 October 2017
Full Terms & Conditions:
- Promotion Overview
- Accorhotels Flatlay contest is a nine (9) day promotion organized by AAPC Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Promoter”), applicable to food and drinks bought at AccorHotels F&B outlets in Singapore as set out in Annex A (“Participating Outlets”), and Facebook and Instagram submissions (“Promotion”) from 19 October 2017 to 27 October 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
- Participants who post their flatlay visual on Instagram and Facebook in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be eligible to win prizes.
- To be eligible to participate in this offer, the participant must:
- be aged 21 years and above;
- have dined in a Participating Outlet to capture their contest submission visual
- be a follower of @AccorHotels_APAC Instagram page and @Accorhotels.sgmy Facebook page; and
- comply with the Promotion Procedure in Section B below.
- The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Promotion:
- (i) employees of the Promoter, the AccorHotels Group worldwide or their subsidiaries, and their immediate family members;
- ; and
- (iii) employees of any agency associated with the Promotion.
- The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Promotion:
“AccorHotels Group” means the Promoter and all its affiliates and subsidiaries, including Accor S.A.
- Promotion Procedure
- Visit and dine in any of AccorHotels restaurants or bars in Singapore; and
- Take a flatlay photo of your meal (Please refer to Annex B for a description of flatlay photography);
- Be creative with your shot and exhibit your flatlay in a unique style
- Visual to be in Portrait or Landscape format
- Food and/or drink, setting and elements on the table must be visibly clear
- Upload your visual onto Instagram and/or Facebook with a caption and utilize #AccorHotelsFoodie and #AccorHotelsFoodFestival in your entry
- Each participant is only allowed one single entry on Instagram and/or Facebook.
- Submission of entry on both Instagram and Facebook does not confirm a higher chance of participant winning.
- Participant is not allowed to submit multiple entries on Instagram and/or Facebook.
- Tag restaurant and/or bar in your entry (Tag the username if the page of restaurant and/or bar exists on Instagram and/or Facebook)
- Include Geo-Tag of restaurant/or bar in your entry
- Participant must have made their contest submission public on Instagram and/or Facebook
- Participant must have submitted their entry within the following period: 19 October 2017 to 27 October 2017.
- By participating in this Promotion, each Participant acknowledges and agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
- Participants are strictly prohibited from using vote exchange or vote buying mechanisms or any other fraudulent means to influence the outcome of voting by members of the public for his/her entry in the Promotion. Any participant found to be using any vote exchange or vote buying mechanisms or any other fraudulent means will be disqualified.
- Participants are to purchase food and/or drink (of any amount) in any of AccorHotels F&B outlets in Singapore to participate in the Promotion but participants are responsible for all costs of participation, including taxes or telecommunication costs (such as those incurred through the use of creating, editing or uploading any entry).
- The Promotion is a game of skill; chance and popularity of submission plays no part in determining the winner (i.e. the Promotion is not a lucky draw, game of chance, lottery or public lottery). The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promotion Administration
- Promotion administrators will validate that winning images meet all entry requirements.
- The Instagram account and/or Facebook account name submitted by the participant at the time of submission will be used to identify their images.
- The upload date on the winning image will be used to determine the submission date.
- Image entries will be available for judging at:
- Images that contravene any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, vulgarities, or excessive violence) will not be taken into consideration and entry will be disqualified from participation.
- Promotion Prizes
- A total of 5 prizes will be awarded after the Promotion Period:
- (i) First Prize: 1-Year AccorPlus Membership worth SGD 418 (Tax included)
- (ii) Second Prize: 2D1N stay at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen worth SGD 111 (Tax included) – Complimentary ONE  night weekend stay in Standard Room with breakfast for two  persons at TASTE Restaurant. Voucher is not applicable during hotel black-out periods and subjected to room availability.
- (iii) Third Prize: F&B voucher worth SGD 50 – Dining voucher for Feast@East Restaurant or Jia Wei Restaurant at Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy (Prior Reservation is required). Voucher has no cash value.
- (iv) Fourth Prize: F&B voucher worth SGD 50 – Dining voucher for Food Exchange at Novotel Singapore on Stevens
- (v) Fifth Prize: F&B voucher worth SGD 30 – Dining voucher for The Square Restaurant at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay.
- Prizes must be confirmed and claimed by winner within 7 business days’ time. If a prize winner fails to claim his/her prize in accordance with this Clause, he/she shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her prize.
- The Promoter will assist to liaise with the winner to confirm prize.
- Prizes will be provided as described in these Terms and Conditions. A prize may be transferred to a person 21 years or over if requested by the prize winner, at the absolute discretion of the Promoter. However, it cannot be refunded, exchanged, negotiated or redeemed for cash. If for any reason, the prize winner does not accept or cannot receive any component of the prize but does not wish to transfer the prize to another individual, then the prize will be deemed forfeited by the prize winner.
- Except for components of the prizes as described above, all other costs incurred shall be the responsibility of the prize winners. The Promoter shall not cover any other costs. Prize winners will be responsible for any tax liability associated with the receipt of a prize.
- If a prize or any element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, then a prize or prize element of similar or equal value as determined by the Promoter at its absolute discretion will be awarded in lieu thereof.
- The Promoter disclaims all warranties with respect to the Promotion or the prizes, which are provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- A total of 5 prizes will be awarded after the Promotion Period:
- Winner Selection
- During the Promotion Period, the best five (5) images that meet all entry requirements (as described in Section B), will be eligible to win the prizes (as described in Section D).
- Winning entries are not based on popularity. Number of “likes” and “comments” are not included as qualifiers.
- Representatives of the Promoter will judge the top five (5) entries and choose a winning entry at their absolute discretion. The judges’ decisions shall be final and binding.
- Winners will be notified within one (1) business day after the announcement of the result on 6 November 2017. Winners’ Instagram and/or Facebook name and contest entry image will be published on both @AccorHotels_APAC Instagram page and @Accorhotels.sgmy Facebook page on 6 November 2017.
- Each participant has the responsibility to check @AccorHotels_APAC Instagram page and @Accorhotels.sgmy Facebook page for the Promoter’s Announcement.
- A prize winner must, within seven (7) business days of the Promoter’s Announcement, contact the Promoter by way of the email address the winner received the prize notification from (“Promoter’s E-mail Address”) to identify him/herself and provide his/her e-mail and mailing address to confirm and claim his/her prize.
- The Promoter may further communicate with each of the prize winners for the purpose of determining his/her eligibility to participate in the Promotion or eligibility to receive the prizes under these Terms and Conditions, including contacting him/her to authenticate his/her identity and any submitted information on his/her citizenship, to ascertain whether or not the entry is an original work, to request for additional information and/or higher resolution photographs, and to carry out such other activities as are necessary to administer or organise the Promotion.
- If the prize winner fails to provide the required information by the deadline or fails to promptly satisfy the Promoter as to his identity and eligibility, the prize winner shall be deemed to have forfeited his prize.
- In accepting a prize, each prize winner agrees to be interviewed, photographed and filmed during and in connection with the prize, and to participate in any publicity arrangements made by or on the behalf of the Promoter and its affiliates in relation to the Promotion. The prize winners grant to the Promoter the exclusive right to use all materials obtained during or through such interviews, photography or filming in all media in all languages, including for future promotional and marketing purposes in any manner whatsoever without any further reference, payment or compensation.
- Data Privacy
- During the course of the Promotion, the Promoter may collect personal information of each participant. This may include, but is not limited to, the names, email addresses, telephone numbers and other details provided by the participant. Such data is collected for the purposes of verifying the identity of the prize winner, awarding the prize to the prize winner, publishing the results of the Promotion and publicising the Promotion.
- By participating in the Promotion, the participant consents to collection, use and disclosure of the participant’s personal data for marketing and publicity purposes, including distribution of marketing materials for goods or services in the tourism, hospitality and services industries by the AccorHotels Group and/or companies in the tourism and hospitality industry in which the Promoter holds shares, and contacting entrants in future to invite entrants to, or inform entrants about, events organised by the AccorHotels Group and/or such companies.
- The Promoter shall comply with its obligation pursuant to applicable legislation, regulations and legal requirements in relation to data privacy.
- For enquiries, including on matters of data protection or privacy, please contact the Promoter at [https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/support/contact.shtml ].
- Intellectual Property
- Entries must not include (i) any image, depictions, photographs, pictures, images or likenesses of any other person without that person’s express consent. Participants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person, or the parent/guardian of such person if such person is under 21. At the request of the Promoter, participants must provide to the Promoter such consents from persons featured in any way in the entry; (ii) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, vulgarities, or excessive violence); and (iii) any work in which third party copyright subsists, unless the participant is entitled to do so. If participants have any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content they must not include it.
- By including any such content in their entry, participants warrant that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owners to do so, and shall procure that such copyright owners grant the right and licence on a worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive basis to the Promoter and its affiliates to use such content as part of the entry, in any manner (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment (of royalties, compensation or otherwise), in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Each entry must be the participant’s original work. Each participant warrants that the entry is solely created by himself/herself, and he/she is the owner of all rights, title and interest in the entry (excluding references to the AccorHotels restaurants and/or bars, any related corporations and any AccorHotels intellectual property such as logos and trade marks in the entry).
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the participant to show proof, that the entry is the participant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified as an original work to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be disqualified.
- In consideration of the Promoter’s acceptance of an entry, each participant hereby assigns (including the present assignment of rights created in the future), with effect from the submission of such entry, all rights, title and interests, including intellectual property rights, in and to the entry, throughout the world and in perpetuity, to the Promoter and its affiliates, free from all encumbrances whatsoever.
- Each participant hereby agrees that the Promoter and its affiliates shall be entitled to use the entry in any manner (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the participant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise).
- Each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waives all moral rights in the entry throughout the world, which he/she may have under the Copyright Act of Singapore (Chapter 63) (including those rights set out or referred to under Part IX therein) or similar legislation in the relevant jurisdiction, and any other moral rights to which he/she is or may be entitled to under any legislation now existing or in future enacted in any part of the world.
- Each participant hereby agrees, and shall procure the same from third party copyright owners (where applicable), that the Promoter and its affiliates may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen in public, communicate the content to the public, and allow third parties to do any of these things.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, each participant in the Promotion including without limitation the prize winners, shall indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter and its affiliates and their directors, officers, employees and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, settlement sums, proceedings, loss (including but not limited to direct, indirect, consequential and economic loss), damages, expenses (including any claim for legal expenses), costs or charges, whether foreseeable or not, which may be sustained or in any way incurred by such participant out of, in the course of or in connection with one of more of the following: (i) submission and/or use by the Indemnified Parties of any or part of an entry for any purpose described in these Terms and Conditions; (ii) the entrant’s failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws, rules or regulations; (iii) unauthorized use or disclosure of any personal data, or the brand, trademark or logo, of any person or entity; (iv) the breach or alleged breach of any warranty made by the participant in connection with the Promotion, including in these Terms and Conditions; (v) acceptance and/or use of the prize(s) or any part thereof, and any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection therewith; (vi) any right granted by the participant to the Promoter in connection with the Promotion; (vii) that participant’s negligence, wilful misconduct, breach of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or these Terms and Conditions, or his or her infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights, proprietary rights or other rights; (viii) that participant’s submissions, participation, attempt to participate, or inability to participate, in the Promotion; and/or (ix) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any unauthorised intervention, or any combination thereof, including any non-delivery or corruption of entries to the Promoter, injury or damage to participants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an participant to automatically submit one or more entries repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that participant invalid.
- Lost and/or Delayed Communication
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any delayed, lost or misdirected mail or any other communication.
- Amendment of Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, at any time vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. Participants agree to be bound by any decisions made by the Promoter, including the Promoter’s interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, suspend, discontinue or terminate the Promotion/Contest at any time at its absolute discretion, without notice or liability to any person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the prizes offered without notice to the participants.
- Governing Law and Disputes
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this Clause. The Tribunal shall consist of 1 arbitrator. The language of the arbitration shall be English. All arbitration proceedings and all information, pleadings, documents, evidence and all matters relating thereto shall be kept confidential.
- Hosting information:
For a full list of participating restaurants and bars visit here.
Flatlay photography is taking a picture from above of different items strategically laid down on a table or dining surface while trying to obtain an aesthetically pleasing result. It essentially allows you to beautifully showcase as many things as you want, whether it be food, drinks, dessert or even the cutlery. Here is an example of flatlay photograph*:
*Image above is purely for exemplary purposes